Website US Airways
All candidates must be willing to be based from any of our 4 base locations that include Charlotte, Washington DC, Philadelphia and Phoenix.
To provide leadership, direction, and assistance for safety and comfort to passengers on board our aircraft, while working independently and as part of a team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exemplary customer service to all aspects of the cabin
Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers
Ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations
Assist passengers and fellow crew members during emergency situations
Provide special assistance to passengers, including stowing luggage in overhead compartments, emergency medical aid, and wheelchair assistance
Prepare/serve meals and beverages; sell onboard liquor, duty-free items, and other items
Write detailed reports pertaining to flight incidents
Interact with a wide variety of people from a broad range of cultures
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking, and light lifting of passenger bags and catering needs
Airport operations in all types of weather
Long periods of standing and talking
Airport ramp operations are noisy and can be hazardous without due caution
Extensive travel; must be able to spend consecutive nights away from home
Alternative work schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- 2+ years proven experience in hands on, client facing, customer service delivery. Prior flight attendant and/or airline experience is not required or necessary.
- Competent in handling difficult situations, problem solving and complaint resolution
- Able to read and speak English fluently; second language is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Must present a professional image, may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple or upper ear piercing or extreme hair color or style
- Height and weight must be proportionate such that it does not exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, harness without modification, cabin aisle and emergency exits)
- Ability to push or pull moveable carts, which weigh as much as 200 lbs
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs., such as galley stowage bins and carry-on baggage
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be in possession of a valid United States or foreign passport with applicable VISAs.
- Must have the ability to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by US Airways without restriction
- Travel documents must remain valid throughout all phases of training
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Please feel free log into your application to check the status online.
US Airways is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransUS
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.aa.com/en/ac/jobpost/8915 →