Website Virgin America
Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? If you have the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky, then we promise to make this a Company where inspired people like you will always love to work.
As the face of Virgin America, you’ll need to be a friendly and gracious host. We’ll need you to have an in-depth knowledge of your service duties, as well as safety procedures that you may need to perform during the flight. Finally, you’ll need to show a strong desire to maintain a positive, approachable manner with teammates as well as our guests to make us loveable both inside and out.
Locations: LOS ANGELES/LAX, SAN FRANCISCO/SFO, or New York/JFK
Professional Experience Required
- Experience in guest service delivery and sales preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer literacy and comfort with technological learning
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to travel extensively
- Willing to be based out of Los Angeles/LAX, San Francisco/SFO or New York/JFK
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours
- Possess and maintain a valid United States passport or foreign passport. Applicants must have the right to travel freely in and out of the United States, to and from all cities served by Virgin America Airlines without restriction
- Demonstrate dependability
- Physically fit in order to pass applicable training programs, including being able to open aircraft doors, lift emergency window exits (approx. 30 lbs.), assist with carry-on luggage stowage, push meal & beverage carts (up to 150 lbs.)
- Body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, harness without modification, cabin aisle and emergency exits)
- Ability to perform safety related procedures
- Able to reach in overhead bins and galley compartments to retrieve emergency equipment and service items
- Must successfully pass a background check and a drug screen
Professional Certifications and Education Required
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree desirable
To apply for this job please visit www.virginamerica.apply2jobs.com.