Flair Airlines, Canada’s only ultra low-cost carrier (ULCC), is expanding ambitiously with the addition of 13 new Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Emerging as Canada’s only true independent ULCC, Flair will accelerate its disruptive mission to make travel affordable for all Canadians.
We are currently looking for Flight Attendants for our base in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON (YKF) We want to hire the best and are always looking for top talent to join our team. If you are looking for an exciting, progressive career, please send us your cover letter and resume.
- Perform in‐flight service duties: greet passengers, provide in‐flight announcements, safety demonstrations, serve beverages and meals and be accountable for in-flight sales transactions;
- Provide customer service and assistance to passengers with various items including answering general questions and stowing carry‐on items, which may include pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting and carrying items;
- Operate mechanical and emergency safety equipment;
- Light grooming of aircraft as required;
- Provide assistance and timely communication to passengers during emergency and unusual incidents (i.e., delayed flight, severe weather condition, turbulent flight, etc.)
- Adhere to all company policies and Transport Canada regulations to ensure a safe cabin environment is maintained; and
- Provide consistent levels of superior customer service and satisfaction by anticipating customer needs and exceeding expectations in the provision of service.
Flight Attendant Requirements:
- Must be 19 years of age or older;
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions;
- Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Flight Attendant wherever Flair Airlines operates) is required;
- Must successfully complete Initial Training to become a qualified Flight Attendant, full participation in training is required (no absences). Must successfully complete yearly recurrent training to maintain status as a qualified Flight Attendant;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Identification Card (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card);
- Successful completion of a pre-employment aviation medical (including alcohol and drug screening) and a criminal record check;
- Must be available and willing to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year, as scheduled. This includes holidays and weekends;
- Ability to be away from home for extended periods of time with a schedule that varies, often on short notice;
- Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Flight Attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within 90 minutes of the request being made;
- Successful completion of the CT301 course through the Inflight Institute is required prior to receiving company initial training, if selected;
- Patient and able to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team; sometimes under difficult and stressful circumstances;
- Safety conscious and positive attitude;
- Previous customer service or serving experience is an asset; and
- French and other language fluencies are considered an asset.
We wish to thank everyone who applies, however due to the number of applications received only those shortlisted will be contacted. We cannot accommodate telephone inquiries.
Flair Airlines offers a competitive compensation package including medical and dental benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, employee & family assistance program and a staff travel program.
We look forward to meeting you at Flair Airlines!
At Flair Airlines, we work together to promote an inclusive environment which attracts talented individuals and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. We are devoted to creating equitable, inclusive, and diverse workspaces and we encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.