As a Cabin Crew Member, the successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the comfort and safety of passengers. A cabin crew member is expected to provide top-notch customer service and work as a team player in supporting the mission of the airline’s values
The primary responsibility of the cabin crew members is to ensure passengers safety. They must inform passengers on emergency and safety procedures during all phases of the flight and manage procedures following an emergency in accordance with the Operations Manual and Commander’s instructions. All Cabin Crew Members should maintain close co-operation with the other members of the team and with theflight crew, to ensure the efficient conduct of a flight, providing passengers with the best in safety comfort and service.
- Ensure the passengers safety and escape in an emergency situation
- Be well prepared and fit for the flight
- Ensure the comfort and safety of the passengers
- Adheres to the safety regulations written in the Safety Security Procedures manual
- Report malfunctioning of equipment prior to flight.
- Ensure in-flight serve is carried out according to the current service orders
- Be familiar with the laws, regulations and procedures required for the performance of their duties
- Co-operate closely with other crew members and ground staff at all times to ensure that the highest possible standards of safety and efficiency in the conduct of flight is maintained
- Perform all cabin safety and security check as established
- Giving a demonstration of the safety measu res such as fastening seat belt andthe mann er of using emergency equipment.
- Report incidences of safety and security to the Commander.
- Aim for the highest personal skill and act in accordance to their best judgement
- Maintain and be familiar with the documentation and manual provided by Company
- Giving knowledge about the exit doors.
- Checking the availability of enough or sufficient first aid kits and other emergency equipment.
- Checking the availability of sufficient food and beverages for the passengers and the cabin crew travelling on the flight.
- Taking special care of the kids, elderly and unwell or physically handicapped people.
- Help passengers with any kind of queries
- Tackle special problems pertaining to the health of the passengers and emergency situations.
Job Skills & Requirements:
- The successful candidate will be able to exercise initiative, derive and accomplish implied tasks from formal direction and anticipate requirements for a variety of planned and unplanned emergencies.
- Must be able to deal with difficult passengers in a firm, assertive but friendly manner.
- Enjoy team work
- Be calm under pressure
- Should be able to work effectively and efficiently
- Have high energy and able to cope with shift work – Being a cabin crew member requires stamina, positive energy and a passion for customer service. Cabin crew members are required to work overnight stays and extended hours.
- Females who are at least 1.59m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
- Weight in proportion to height
- Of normal vision (contact lenses acceptable)
- Physically fit to meet company medical standards
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Capable of mastering the training programme and will be able to perform required safety and emergency duties.
- Able to swim well.
- Friendly and outgoing with a lively personality.