Cabin Crew Air Belgium
Air Belgium offers quality intercontinental air services with a focus on worldwide Passenger and Cargo ACMI/Wet Lease, Freighter and on-demand Charters. Agile and efficient, Air Belgium provides a wide range of high-quality services.
The company’s motto : Fly Belgian Class, whether it’s for passenger operations or business cargo.
Belgium is famous for its warm welcome, quality of life and fantastic produce, right in the heart of Europe. Air Belgium is proud to represents its nation in all its ‘Belgian-ness’ with a sense of pride that is tinged with modesty and know-how. Open and quirky (but serious nonetheless), the company always takes care to provide excellent services. Therefore, its team is made up entirely of seasoned professionals.
Our fleet of B747s and A330s including the Airbus A330-900neo is offering exceptional flight experiences with the latest technologies on board and better environmental performances.
Purpose of the position…
- As a member of the cabin crew, your first responsibility is to ensure the safety and comfort of all passengers on board of a flight. In addition, your role is to deliver a top notch service to our guests. You will make sure they have an unforgettable customer experience. And last but not least, you are the ambassador of our company, which means that through your attentive and professional behaviour, you will contribute to building our collective reputation.
Main activities and responsibilities…
- Actively participate to the flight briefings to be aware of all flight specificities
- Ensure proper and on time onboarding according to the company standards.
- Ensure safety and comfort of all passengers of your respective division (Economy, Premium, Business) during the whole flight.
- Deliver a qualitative service to customers, taking specific requests into account in line with the company guidelines.
- Promote our duty-free and buy on board products and maximize the upselling.
- Ensure the safety demonstration and address any safety related problem during the flight by applying the relevant procedures.
- Act as an Air Belgium Ambassador and promote our values towards the customers.
- Take care of any customer related concern or issue and escalate to the Senior Cabin Crew Member or to the Pilot in Command when appropriate.
- Ensure efficient teamwork and help your colleagues when needed.
- Comply with Company policies, values and ethics.
- Comply with local, national legislations and health & safety standards.
- Report to hierarchy any hazards, non-compliances and risks whether to employees or to the company.
Requirements and qualifications
- You have obtained at least high school diploma.
- It is mandatory that you are in possession of a valid Belgian/EU (Schengen) work and residency permits . Company does not sponsor permits application process.
- Outgoing, dynamic personality with excellent communication skills and positive mindset. Care for people is your second nature.
- Ability to reach every Belgian airport in maximum one hour commuting time when in reserve and/or stand by.
- Able to reach 210cm with your arms up as required to reach all emergency equipment on board.
- In possession of a valid EASA medical certificate + a valid EASA qualification card.
- Or be prepared to follow an extensive in house training with regularly checks and exams.
- Able to swim fully dressed without the assistance of a flotation device.
- Professional presentation, reflecting a positive image, and no visible tattoo’s according the company standards.
- Clean background check, being eligible to obtain an airport ID.
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch.
- Flexibility to work during the night, public holidays and weekends when required and on essentially long-haul flights.
What we have to offer…
Next to a correct and modern compensation package – the ability to work in an airline environment where you can have impact and will be embedded in a team of aviation enthusiasts. Visit our website and find out more about Air Belgium’s unique positioning in the airline industry and what binds us as a team.