West Wind Group of Companies is western Canada’s largest full-service aviation operation. Based in Saskatoon, here is your opportunity to work in the fascinating aviation industry for a dynamic company that exceeds customers’ expectations, strives for operational excellence, and has a strong employee culture. Reporting to the Flight Attendant Manager, Flight Attendants plan and coordinate all flight attendant responsibilities in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), Transport Canada-approved company flight attendant manual and company customer service standards. This position has a regulatory and legal obligation to ensure the safety and wellbeing of passengers as required in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Respond to the direction of the pilot in command during the performance of in-flight duties and responsibilities.
Coordinate and provide cabin, ground, and in-flight passenger services, ensuring company customer service standards are met.
- Perform ongoing safety-related duties in accordance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), including cabin checks, announcements, and escorting passengers to and from aircraft for boarding and deplaning.
- Perform on board pre-flight safety checks prior to departure to comply with company standards and government regulations. Attend and participate in pre-flight crew briefings.
- Perform all duties in a state of preparedness in the event of an emergency evacuation or critical incident, ensuring that passenger safety is a priority.
- Attend and actively participate in all required regulatory and company training.
- Prepare and submit appropriate flight documents and reports. Advise the pilot in command of any abnormal incidents or events and prepare a written report if required.
- Ensure all manuals are up-to-date and abide by all information and directives received through company bulletins.
- Ensure that the flight attendant manual is carried on all flights.
- Advise the flight attendant manager of any matter that could affect the operation of the company.
You are the ideal candidate if you can:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Foster a team-based environment through collaborative working relationships.
- Ensure optimal communication with all employees and internal partners.
- Continuously update job knowledge by participating in training and other education opportunities.
You will succeed if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in serving a diverse and complex customer base.
- Professional judgement and well-defined conflict resolution skills in handling sensitive situations with tact, diplomacy.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact professionally, displaying a positive attitude with customers and with colleagues.
- Sound problem-solving, decision-making, analytical thinking, planning, and execution skills.
- Organized, flexible, able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to “take charge” and manage in-flight emergencies or incidents when required.
- Strong leadership skills and a hands-on, self-motivated, and demonstrated positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize.
- Able and willing to work on modified schedules, including early mornings, late nights, and holidays.
- Must be able to report to work within one hour of being called in for a reserve shift.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and take firm action when necessary
To apply for this job please visit transwestair.prevueaps.com.