HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
At Delta, we move the people who move the world. With an industry-leading global network, we offer service to 306 destinations in 52 countries on six continents. Recognized as the best in the business, our Flight Attendants touch the lives of our 180 million annual customers every day. Keep climbing and join us today with a career as a Flight Attendant.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Do you want to join a stable, profitable company, while building a lasting career with outstanding flight privileges?
Delta Flight Attendants are safety- and customer-centric professionals who love to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work. They are problem solvers and provide a memorable and positive experience to our customers.
What You Need to Know:
Delta is seeking both English-Speaking and Bilingual Flight Attendants to join the In-Flight Services team. When completing the application, Bilingual applicants will have the option to apply as a Bilingual Flight Attendant, also known as Language of Destination (LOD). You must be fluent in English and another language to be eligible for the Bilingual Flight Attendant opportunity.
Since our flights operate day and night and all year-round, Flight Attendants must be flexible with their hours. Shifts include nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed.
New hires must successfully complete seven weeks of training located at our World Headquarters in Atlanta, GA. During this time, participants receive a training wage and some meals, as well as lodging for those who do not live within 25 miles of the training facility.
Once training is complete, Flight Attendants will report to their base to join their 25,000+ colleagues in In-Flight Service. We operate out of 14 bases across the United States including Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Orlando, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, and Salt Lake City. Base options may differ for Bilingual, or LOD, Flight Attendants.
- Provide exceptional customer service at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Assist customers in lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer questions and assist customers when necessary, particularly those with unique needs and circumstances
- Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers if an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally and/or non-verbally) to customers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
- Manage unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures