Porter Airlines is committed to delivering its signature ‘flying refined’ experience to customers across North America. Effortless travel and genuine hospitality are offered in style and comfort while restoring glamour and refinement to air travel.
Porter is proud to be an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, In-Flight Services, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of Porter passengers while consistently delivering our brand promise of Flying Refined.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the safety and security of all passengers
- Effortlessly deliver friendly and attentive service to maintain passenger comfort
- Adhere to trained Standard Operating Procedures consistent with Transport Canada and Porter policies
- Tactfully manage unforeseen operational and passenger situations
- Actively monitor the general condition of the aircraft cabin and adjust accordingly to maintain passenger safety and/or improve the passenger experience
- Exemplify the Porter Values
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with team members
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply, and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Minimum of 19 years of age at time of employment
- Completion of secondary school
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French is a preferred asset
- Flight attendants require a minimum of 4 years previous experience working with the public in a customer service role
- Must hold a current, valid Canadian Passport, or current, valid International Passport with current US Crewmember Visa (C-1/D)
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) and successfully complete company screening process
- Ability to meet required medical standards (including a drug test)
- Flight attendants may be called to work at short notice and therefore must be able to reach the airport within the 2 hours of callout
- Must successfully complete a 5-week full-time training program
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination
LOCATION: Halifax (Halifax Stanfield International Airport – YHZ)