Reporting to the Manager, In-Flight Services, this position is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of Porter passengers while consistently delivering our brand promise of Flying Refined.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety and security of all passengers
- Effortlessly deliver friendly and attentive service to maintain passenger comfort
- Adhere to trained Standard Operating Procedures consistent with Transport Canada and Porter policies
- Tactfully manage unforeseen operational and passenger situations
- Actively monitor the general condition of the aircraft cabin and adjust accordingly to maintain passenger safety and/or improve the passenger experience
- Exemplify the Porter Values
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with team members
- Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply, and promote the Company Safety Policy
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
- Minimum of 19 years of age at time of employment
- Completion of secondary school
- Fluency in English. Fluency in French is a preferred asset
- Flight attendants require a minimum of 2 years previous experience working with the public in a customer service role
- Must hold a current, valid Canadian Passport, or current, valid International Passport with current US Crewmember Visa (C-1/D)
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) and successfully complete company screening process
- Ability to meet required medical standards (including a drug test)
- Flight attendants may be called to work at short notice and therefore must be able to reach the airport within the 2 hours of callout
- Must successfully complete a 5-week full-time training program
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays