Solairus Aviation is looking for a full-time flight attendant to join a Part 91 operation based in Fort Worth, TX at KAFW. The ideal candidate will be a great teammate that is flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities to provide an outstanding quality of service for the owners and passengers. Greets passengers, explains use of safety equipment, and serves catering or freshly cooked food along with beverages. Culinary experience and a passion for food a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each passenger during flight.
- Direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Secure the cabin – adhering to federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR, AED, First Aid
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft. Settle special assistance needs of small children, the elderly or disabled passengers.
- Perform preflight safety briefings with the crew.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets/bedding, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers.
- Facilitate and handle passenger’s requests for food and drinks.
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight.
- Prep and prepare food for passengers and crew.
- Inspect, clean and stock the cabin, galley, lavatories, and flight deck after every leg.
- Ensure aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight and that it is cleaned and stocked.
- Complete preflight, in-flight and post flight paperwork.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort, and maintain cabin cleanliness.
- Operate audio and video systems
Required Qualifications and Certifications
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- First Aid Training Certification.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant
- Flight attendant specific training from FlightSafety, FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Candidates without formal flight attendant training may be considered based on other qualification but must attend initial flight attendant training course prior to flight assignment. Preference shown to candidates who have completed FlightSafety, FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
- Must be technologically savvy
- Flexibility and patience a must
- Ability to speak one or more foreign languages fluently a plus.
- Culinary Skills, Plating as well as preparing meals.
- Able to handle a changing schedule with off hour flights.
- Experience with small children preferred.
- Available to fly on short notice (2-3 hour response if on Standby).
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status).
- Able to deploy for consecutive days on the road.
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems, Galley Equipment and all cabin features, to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Seeing: Vision is required to be correctable to 20/20 or better with glasses or contact lenses (uncorrected no worse than 20/20). Must be able to read reports, charts, manage post-flight paperwork, and to use a computer, smartphone and/or iPad device.
- Hearing/Speaking: Must be able to speak clearly. Must be able to hear well enough to communicate over the phone in and person with clients and co-workers/pilots when the aircraft is in flight.
- Standing/Walking: Must be physically capable and strong enough to walk and stand without assistance. Must be able to stand for up to 14 hours with limited ability to sit and be able to work long hours in various climates.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling/Bending: Must be able to kneel in luggage compartment, load trip, AC supplies and luggage, as well as maneuver in tight confinements within the aircraft.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling/Strength: Must be able to push open/pull closed the main cabin door, which weighs up to 130 pounds, must also be able to write, type, use a computer and a phone as well as prepare/cook and serve guest food and beverages. Must be able to lift supplies weighing approximately 25 to 30 pounds, from floor level to waist high repeatedly.