Solairus Aviation is seeking a Flight Attendant to join a Gulfstream G550 operation based in Teterboro, NJ (KTEB). The ideal candidate will be a team player, possessing a positive attitude will Military experiance a strong plus. Willing to take on additional responsibilities, and provide an outstanding in-flight experience for the owners and their guests.
Greets passengers, explains use of safety equipment, serves catering or freshly prepared meals in concert with a variety of beverages. Presents an extremely professional image, and delivers world-class service at all times. Maintains owner confidentiality, exercises discretion. Works well with other crew members, can-do attitude and first-rate results
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each passenger during flight.
- Direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Secure the cabin – adhering to federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR, AED, First Aid
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft. Settle special assistance needs of small children, the elderly or disabled passengers.
- Perform preflight safety briefings with the crew.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets/bedding, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers.
- Facilitate and handle passenger’s requests for food and drinks.
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight.
- Prep and prepare food for passengers and crew.
- Inspect, clean and stock the cabin, galley, lavatories, and flight deck after every leg.
- Ensure aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight and that it is cleaned and stocked after and before each flight.
- Complete preflight, in-flight and post flight paperwork.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort, and maintain cabin cleanliness.
- Operate audio and video systems.
Required Qualifications and Certifications
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- First Aid Training Certification.
- 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant
- Flight attendant specific training from FlightSafety or FACTs (12 months current) required. Experience on corporate, large cabin aircraft (Gulfstreams, Globals, 7X-8X) mandatory. Experience in Gulfstream aircraft preferred.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
- Must be very technologically savvy
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to speak one or more foreign languages fluently a plus.
- Culinary Skills.
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule and late night flights
- Experience with small children preferred
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule.
- Domiciled within 2 hours of KTEB strongly preferred
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status).
- Able to deploy for up to 16 consecutive days.
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems.
- Operation of all galley equipment.
- Operation of all cabin features, to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Seeing: Vision is required to be correctable to 20/20 or better with glasses or contact lenses (uncorrected no worse than 20/20). Must be able to read reports, charts, manage post-flight paperwork, and to use a computer, smartphone and/or iPad device.
- Hearing/Speaking: Must be able to speak clearly. Must be able to hear well enough to communicate over the phone in and person with clients and co-workers/pilots when the aircraft is in flight.
- Standing/Walking: Must be physically capable and strong enough to walk and stand without assistance. Must be able to stand for up to 14 hours with limited ability to sit and be able to work long hours in various climates.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling/Bending: Must be able to kneel in luggage compartment, load trip, AC supplies and luggage, as well as maneuver in tight confinements within the aircraft.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling/Strength: Must be able to push open/pull closed the main cabin door, which weighs up to 130 pounds, must also be able to write, type, use a computer and a phone as well as prepare/cook and serve guest food and beverages. Must be able to lift supplies weighing approximately 25 to 30 pounds, from floor level to waist high repeatedly.