Jetstar Australia A320/1 First OfficerFull Time
The outlook for our Jetstar domestic and international flying is strong, our teams have never been more committed and our mission is unchanged, to offer all day, every day low fares so more people can fly to more places, more often. We are passionate about making travel accessible and enjoyable for all.
Jetstar Airways is now looking forward to a brighter future as COVID restrictions are eased and Australians take to the skies once more. As a result, we are now taking expressions of interest for our A320/1.
To be eligible for consideration you must meet the following requirements:
- An Australian ATPL (A) or an Australian CPL (A) with passes in all Australian ATPL Theory subjects
- Australian Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating with 2D and 3D endorsements
- Current CASA Class 1 medical
- ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 6
- A current passport with unrestricted access to all Jetstar ports of call with at least 12 months validity
- 1500 hours total aeronautical experience
- 500 hours PIC or FO on multi-engine aircraft
- 250 hours PIC time of which 150 hours may be PICUS
- Experience in a multi-crew operation or successful completion of a multi-crew cooperation course
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is required for this position
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, relevant Australian permanent residency status or an unrestricted right to work in Australia
Additionally, the following qualifications & experience are considered an advantage:
- A320/1 Type Rating or an Airbus family Type Rating (A330/340/350/380)
- Experience on an Airbus type in airline operations
- Recent experience on an airline jet type, preferably Airbus
Our ongoing Pilot Training Program is of the highest standard and is very well regarded throughout the aviation industry. It is designed to ensure that our impeccable safety record is maintained whilst developing our pilots to their full potential.
The Jetstar Group is one of the largest low-cost airline groups in the Asia Pacific by revenue and has flown more than 300 million passengers since it launched in 2004. Collectively the Jetstar Group offers more than 5,000 (pre-COVID) flights a week to 58 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region. The Group operates a fleet of more than 90 aircraft, including Airbus A320-200, Airbus A321 and Boeing 787-8. Jetstar’s mission is to offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
The Qantas Group is an equal opportunity employer, so by coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply.
Join the Jetstar team at a pivotal moment in our history!