Human Resources Job Description
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
*We have Recruiter opportunities in Dallas*
The Recruiter manages the full lifecycle of recruiting while maintaining strong relations with business leaders, hiring managers, human resources business partners, vendors, and candidates. Key duties include utilizing effective recruitment methods that are designed to deliver a qualified/diverse pool of candidates, developing and executing a staffing plan for individual requisitions, and maintaining a high touch candidate experience. This individual typically recruits for a broad range of professional positions, but may specialize on sub-functional areas such as campus, contract, military, field or technical recruiting.
- Screen candidates for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge by reviewing resumes, facilitating phone and face-to-face interviews, and conducting reference checks in order to evaluate skill level in relation to position requirements
- Update the applicant tracking system by ensuring information is regularly documented throughout the hiring process including, but not limited to coding applicant’s status, detailed interview notes, and reasoning behind final decisions
- Conduct reference checks by verifying Candidate employment information, reviewing letters of recommendation, and contacting the provided professional and/or personal contacts
- Identify business hiring needs and collaboratively consult on topics such as sourcing strategies, hiring trends, and building robust pipelines for assigned positions in order to develop and execute solutions to satisfy current and long term talent needs
- Represent Southwest at job fairs and industry specific events by strategizing attendance schedules, setting up and tearing down, and preparing presentations in order to build a positive brand and source candidates
- Source candidates through job postings, referrals, and direct sourcing using proactive tactics such as social network, networking events, and cold calling in order to attract active and passive candidates
- Serve as the primary point of contact for hiring Managers, HR Business Partners, Coordinators, and Candidates, throughout the recruiting life cycle by ensuring regular communication, providing progress updates, offering guidance, and responding to questions in order to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood
- Process New Hires by verifying their form of identification, capturing legible fingerprint impressions, inputting information into the E-verification system, and printing a security badge in order to clear for employment
- Drive accountability with Staffing Partners by building and maintaining effective working relationships, maintaining consistent communications and responsiveness, clarifying hiring needs, and facilitating candid conversations when necessary
- Support internal Customers, Contractors, and/or Interns by discerning long-term career goals; serving as an advocate on their behalf; gathering information on program satisfaction; and providing interviewing best practices, resume tips, and constructive feedback
- May organize campus visits and events by building and managing relationships with schools, registering for events, arranging travel logistics, and developing customized content in order to engage prospective candidates and foster University relations
- May assist with planning educational events by developing engaging content and activities and coordinating all event logistics, including but not limited to: managing vendors, booking rooms, and ordering supplies to provide development and networking opportunities for participants
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2-4 years of recruiting experience required
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems preferred
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Knowledge of all full life-cycle recruiting components, including sourcing, qualifying, networking and assessing candidate skills in offer negotiations
- Working knowledge of OFCCP regulations
- Business acumen skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Ability to make quick and sound decisions
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and high emotional intelligence in various situations
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Ability to work with limited to no supervision
- Ability to take initiative to accomplish tasks
- Ability to make and own informed decisions
- Ability to communicate information and ideas, both orally and in writing
- Ability to stay organized and deliver high quality work, paying close attention to details
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions in a fast paced environment