Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline – it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers – we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What will you be doing?
Inflight Base Supervisors will be responsible for all phases of the Flight Attendant (FA) base operations, including training and regulatory compliance, policy and procedural compliance, directing and supervising the base Flight Attendants. This position will be responsible for coordinating DOT drug and alcohol compliance with the Anti-drug & Alcohol Program Administrator, be responsible for base delay and attendance reporting, and be the point of contact for Catering and POS issues. Will be Inflight emergency response representative for base and area operations.
- Supervision of all phases of Flight Attendant operations at base
- Analyze and evaluate FA base operating performance and correct or recommend corrective action.
- Be available for 24/7 on-call duty phone.
- Manage Crew Scheduling and Flight Attendant scheduling conflicts.
- Work with Anti-drug & Alcohol Program Administrator, coordinate DOT drug and alcohol testing and notifications.
- Responsible for all distribution of revisions and bid packets and correct entry or uploading as needed for Flight Attendants assigned to base.
- Administer all performance and attendance reporting and corrective action to Flight Attendants assigned to base.
- Follow up on all base Inflight delays. Call all Flight Attendants with emergency situations if after hours.
- Point of contact for base catering and POS issues
- Provide technical guidance with POS and FAM.
- Participate on charter calls, coordinate services needed, prepare charter information sheets and distribute to crew. Assist with coordination of scheduled and charter catering coordination.
- Interpret company and local policies and procedures.
- Administer collective bargaining agreement for Flight Attendants assigned to base.
- Direct crew appreciation events at base.
- Complete and submit budgets and justifications as directed.
- Complete all paperwork as required by the Human Resources and Safety departments, including directing Flight Attendants to resources such as WBAT and ensuring timely submissions.
- Analyze and evaluate Flight Attendant base operating performance and implement or recommend corrective action.
- Maintain Flight Attendant qualifications. Maintain and perform check FA duties.
- Fly trip(s) each month from multiple bases.
- Onsite Inflight emergency response representative for base and area operations
- Determine and justify personnel, facilities, and equipment needs for these functions and be accountable for their effective utilization and cost.
- Seek opportunities to enhance Frontier’s local relationship through involvement in community affairs.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Director of Inflight or Manager of Inflight Services.
- Travel as required.
- Assist with FA recruiting sessions as needed.
- Conduct uniform guideline training to all new hire classes.
- Participate as an ASAP ERC member upon assignment.
Position(s) that report directly to this role:
- Flight Attendants (200+)
- College degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Must be able to qualify as a Flight Attendant and maintain currency of qualifications.
- Current Inflight or airline experience preferred.
- Previous management or leadership experience desired.
- Knowledge of human resource management, Crew Scheduling and working with collective bargaining agreements desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle large and complex operation
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to serve as model Flight Attendant when providing customer service to passengers
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and vendors on Frontier’s behalf
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management and subordinates
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and react positively
- Shift work required, including weekends and holidays
- Capable of effectively coordinating multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent working knowledge of Frontier’s culture and business model
- Knowledge of airport and crew operations
- Ability to create and justify budgets
- Ability to coach, council and administer corrective action
- Must be willing to live in assigned base city or surrounding area