PSA Flight Attendant
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k with company match
- American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As a Flight Attendant, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth by aiding in safe and efficient flight operations. In servicing customers in a professional manner and in accordance to company objectives and standards, you will help to provide customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the Captain in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight planning through termination.
- Complying with all applicable FARs, TSA, DOT regulations, company procedures and policies.
- Performing the correct and timely completion of all duties assigned by either the company or Captain.
- Conducting a preflight inspection of all cabin emergency equipment applicable to the type of aircraft as outlined in the Inflight Manual.
- Promptly reporting any mechanical discrepancies to the Captain.
- Advocating directly and clearly to the Captain perceptions he or she may have relative to the safety of the passengers.
- Maintaining a high degree of crew coordination and professionalism.
- Performing duties in a professional, efficient and cordial manner at all times when on duty.
- Completing of records and reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College education or 2 years of customer service experience
- Ability to speak/read/write in English
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Ability to relocate/commute to assigned domicile
- Maximum height of 6.0 ft and minimum height of 5 ft. 2 in. with shoes
- Must be in possession of a valid US or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
- Engaging Communicator
- Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
- Being able to work up to 14 hours a day
- Being courteous
- Handling emergency situations
- Remaining calm
Work Environment: This job operates in an airplane. This role will occasionally use standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 45 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PSA Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer