Virgin Australia Cabin Crew Melbourne
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re back (in a big way) and we’re looking for Cabin Crew to join our team – a team that’s won the AirlineRatings.com Airline Excellence Award for Best Cabin Crew, five years in a row!
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
And with flights well and truly ramped up again, we need you (and your vibe) to help light up our cabins.
Who we’re looking for:
Good humans. The best kind. Those with hospitality in their heart, and a spring in their step. The cool, calm, collected, happy to help, nothing’s too much trouble (but don’t test me), people loving, safety conscious, clear headed, charming, and down to earth cabin crew members.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be welcoming people onboard our aircraft (and seeing them off at the other end), giving clear, comprehensive safety briefings (and making sure everyone adheres to them). Naturally, you’ll be giving brilliant service to all our guests, helping those with special needs and requirements and making flying super fun for unaccompanied minors.
As part of our airline’s Cabin Crew, you’ll be working as part of a team, meeting new people and seeing new places. Working in aviation industry as a flight attendant means being able to handle things that are outside your of control (environmental factors, delays, emergencies etc). Your ability to remain calm and confident under pressure will go a long way towards making guests feel like they’re in good hands.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have had consistent, regular employment for a minimum of 3 years
in customer facing roles
- Have a passport (with at least 18 months left on it)
- Hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate (RSA)
- Have a current Australian First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Are happy working at high altitude, in a pressurised environment
- Can work a 24/7 rotating roster (including early starts, late finishes, weekends, public holidays and peak periods)
- Can reach up to a height of 180cm
- Can demonstrate fluency in written and spoken Japanese (advantageous but not essential)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Free onsite physio
- Full uniform and staff parking
- Discounts on travel insurance, Virgin Australia Lounge membership, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- Free, confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.