Dubai-based carrier Emirates Airlines has announced plans to go on a worldwide tour to recruit cabin crew as it seeks to bolster its workforce.
In October 2021, the airline planned to hire more than 6,000 employees over the next six months in response to the easing of COVID-19 regulations around the world.
A statement by the airline said at the time that “additional pilots, cabin crew, engineering specialists and ground staff will be needed to support the airline’s ramp-up of operations across its global network in response to the sooner-than-expected surge in customer demand.”
Emirates is currently hiring people from 30 cities across the globe until June 2022.
In this latest drive, the Emirates team will travel from Australia to the United Kingdom. It will also visit several European cities, as well as Cairo, Algiers, Bahrain, and Tunis.
Abdulaziz Al Ali, Emirates group’s executive vice president for human resources, said: “There’s no more exciting airline than Emirates for anyone interested in a flying career, and we’ve received tremendous interest since we began our recruitment drive for cabin crew in November.”
“While parts of the application process are done online, we always make the effort to meet our candidates in person whenever we can, and that is why our talent acquisition team is doing a whirlwind 30-city tour over the next 6 weeks to assess prospective candidates.”
The average starting salary for Emirates cabin crew is Dh9,770 per month, and the airline trains about 120 new recruits each week at Emirates Aviation College, an Emirates representative said last month.
All Emirates crew are based in Dubai, with company-provided accommodation, tax-free salary and other benefits.
— Emirates Airline (@emirates) May 17, 2022
Who can apply?
- More than a year’s experience in hospitality and customer service
- Positive attitude and the natural ability to provide excellent service in a team environment, dealing with people from many cultures
- Minimum qualification is high school graduate
- Fluent in written and spoken English (ability to speak another language is an advantage)
- At least 160 cm tall and can reach 212 cm while standing on tiptoes, to enable you to reach emergency equipment on all aircraft types
- No visible tattoos while you’re in Emirates cabin crew uniform
- You’ll be based in Dubai and will need to meet the UAE’s employment visa requirements