Flight Attendant Manager
- Located at Perth Airport
- 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Exciting opportunity to lead an iconic Australian team!
Qantas is widely regarded as a leading airline and one of the strongest brands in Australia. We have built a reputation for excellence in safety, operational reliability, engineering and maintenance, and customer service. Qantas proudly recognises the value and the dedication of our employees across the globe and is one of the largest employers in Australia.
Your new position as Flight Attendant Manager will see you manage the performance and productivity of a large team of domestic flight attendants within the Perth base. This position will allow you to use your people management experience and leadership skills to develop and support a team of service professionals.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the overall performance of a team of flight attendants
- Effectively managing standards of performance and behaviour and taking action when these expectations are not met
- Providing positive feedback and recognising individual and team successes
- Monitoring the work of the team to ensure alignment to business goals and strategic direction and providing corrective action when these objectives are not achieved
- Managing workplace injuries and workers compensation cases
- Managing attendance and reliability issues to reach the most effective outcomes
- Communicating business information and customer feedback using various communication channels
- Handling operational requests and daily issues
- Working with the Domestic Customer Experience Team and positively contributing to the success of Qantas
To be successful in this role you will display:
- Demonstrated leadership and people management experience, ideally in an operational environment
- Capability to build effective teams and drive performance
- The ability to engage staff and build team commitment
- A proven ability to lead and manage organisational change
- A high standard of service excellence and model exemplary service delivery
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Literacy in Microsoft applications
All employees are required to have their manager acknowledge their application. A manager may reject an application where the applicant has completed less than the Compulsory Time in Job (12 months in their current position or other as specified eg. 18 months in Telephone Sales), where the applicant is a temporary employee or if the vacancy is a secondment. It is your responsibility to inform your manager of your application.