Austrian Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
To join the Austrian Airlines cabin crew, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have the legal right to live and work in Austria and travel to all the destinations Austrian Airlines serves
- Be fluent in both English and German
- Exhibit a professional and confident demeanor
- Demonstrate good manners and behavior
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Have the ability to solve problems creatively
- Possess a friendly and charming personality
- Have experience in hotel management or customer service (preferred)
- Have completed Abitur or Matura
- Have completed mandatory civilian or military service (for Austrian applicants)
What’s the Pay?
While the exact salary details for Austrian Airlines cabin crew are not publicly available, the airline industry in Austria generally offers competitive compensation packages. These often include a base salary, flying allowances, and other benefits.
Perks of Flying with Austrian Airlines
Being a part of the Austrian Airlines team comes with a host of benefits:
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Access to travel packages and discounts, including accommodation and car rental
- A renewable 3-year contract
- Company-provided uniform
- A work environment that fosters career and personal growth
- Exclusive training with a monthly allowance
- Transportation allowance and free use of Vienna Airport lines and CAT
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to participate in international groups and events
About Austrian Airlines
Austrian Airlines, Austria’s national airline, is known for its high-quality service and extensive network. The airline is headquartered in Vienna and operates flights to over 130 destinations worldwide. As a member of the Star Alliance, Austrian Airlines offers its passengers a seamless travel experience.
Headquarter: Vienna, Austria
Main Hubs: Vienna International Airport
Frequent-flyer program: Miles & More
Fleet Size: 83
Website: Austrian Airlines
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I become a flight attendant in Austria?
To become a flight attendant in Austria, you need to meet the specific requirements set by the airline you’re applying to. This typically includes being at least 18 years old, having authorisation to work and travel in Austria, being proficient in English and German, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How much do flight attendants in Austria earn?
While exact salaries can vary, flight attendants in Austria generally receive competitive compensation packages. These often include a base salary, flying allowances, and other benefits.
What qualifications do I need to become a cabin crew member?
To become a cabin crew member, you need to meet the specific requirements set by the airline. This typically includes being at least 18 years old, having authorisation to work and travel in the country where the airline is based, being proficient in English and possibly another language, and being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What is not allowed for cabin crew members?
Cabin crew members are typically not allowed to have visible tattoos or piercings when in uniform. They must also adhere to strict guidelines regarding personal grooming and conduct. Additionally, they must be medically fit and able to meet the physical demands of the job.