Jetstar Cabin Crew Requirements
- A love for helping people and a knack for selling things face-to-face
- Good health – you’ll need to pass a medical check, including eyesight and hearing tests
- A record of always being on time and rarely missing a day at your current job
- You should be 18 years old or more
- You should be able to swim 50 metres without any help
- You should be able to easily reach up to a height of 210cm
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident
- If you have tattoos or body piercings, they shouldn’t be visible when you’re in uniform
- You need to be able to speak and write English fluently
- You should be ready to work at any time, even on weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
- You should live close enough to your home base to get there within 90 minutes
- You should be able to handle pressure and juggle tasks that need to be done quickly
- You should take pride in looking your best
- You should have a current first aid certificate that’s valid for at least 12 months
- You should have a current passport with at least 12 months’ validity and no restrictions
Cabin Crew Salary at Jetstar:
The average monthly salary for a Jetstar cabin crew member is approximately A$4,900 ($3,244). This is based on an estimated 75 hours of duty per month, translating to an hourly rate of about A$65 ($43).
Cabin Crew Benefits at Jetstar
Being a part of the Jetstar team comes with a host of benefits:
- Access to heavily discounted fares to hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Discounts on accommodation, car hire, and travel insurance
- Health and wellness initiatives, including a free employee assistance program
- Professional development training and career advancement opportunities
- Employee recognition program known as Bravo
Jetstar is a vibrant airline with a sense of adventure. Based in Melbourne, Australia, Jetstar is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Qantas, serving the low-cost market. The airline operates a diverse range of flights to 85 destinations across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and the Pacific. Jetstar is committed to making the world more accessible by offering low fares and a great experience for its customers.
Headquarter: Melbourne, Australia
Main Hubs: Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast
Frequent-flyer program: Qantas Frequent Flyer
Fleet Size: 79
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Jetstar cabin crew earn?
The average monthly salary for a Jetstar cabin crew member is approximately A$4,900 ($3,244).
What qualifications do I need to be an air cabin crew?
You need to be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, be fluent in English, and meet certain physical requirements.
What to expect at a Jetstar interview?
The Jetstar interview process typically involves a group interview, a one-on-one interview, and various assessments to evaluate your customer service skills, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities.
Can Jetstar cabin crew have tattoos?
As a cabin crew member at Jetstar, any tattoos or body piercings you have should not be visible when you’re in uniform. This means if you do have tattoos or piercings, they should be in places that can be discreetly covered while you’re working.