Exploring Jetstar Cabin Crew Requirements
Welcome to our guide on becoming a part of the cabin crew at Jetstar. In this comprehensive overview, we’ll walk you through the requirements, responsibilities, and perks of joining the Jetstar Cabin Crew family.
Jetstar Cabin Crew Requirements
- A love for helping people and a knack for selling things face-to-face
- Good health – you’ll need to pass a medical check, including eyesight and hearing tests
- A record of always being on time and rarely missing a day at your current job
- You should be 18 years old or more
- You should be able to swim 50 metres without any help
- You should be able to easily reach up to a height of 210cm
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident
- If you have tattoos or body piercings, they shouldn’t be visible when you’re in uniform
- You need to be able to speak and write English fluently
- You should be ready to work at any time, even on weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
- You should live close enough to your home base to get there within 90 minutes
- You should be able to handle pressure and juggle tasks that need to be done quickly
- You should take pride in looking your best
- You should have a current first aid certificate that’s valid for at least 12 months
- You should have a current passport with at least 12 months’ validity and no restrictions
Video: Thanks for the letter, Mitchell (seat 9A, flight JQ913)
Jetstar has created a special video message in response to a handwritten letter from 10-year-old customer Mitchell, after he travelled with the airlines on a Sydney-Townsville flight.
Jetstar Application Process for Cabin Crew: Step-by-Step
Once you meet the basic requirements, the next step is the application process:
Step 1: Apply Online
Browse vacancies, click “apply,” and submit your CV. Use the “apply now” button below the job posting.
Step 2: Interviews
- Video Introduction: Share motivations and experiences.
- Telephone Interview: Discuss skills and role details.
- Face-to-Face Interviews: Two rounds, possibly via Skype.
Step 3: Competency-Based Interview
Answer technical and behavioural questions.
Step 4: Assessment Day
A 3-hour interactive session:
- Overview: Learn about Jetstar and vacancies.
- One-on-One Interview: Discuss experiences.
- Group Activity: Showcase teamwork and interact with applicants.
Jetstar Flight Attendant Salary
The average monthly salary for a Jetstar cabin crew member is approximately A$4,900 ($3,244). This is based on an estimated 75 hours of duty per month, translating to an hourly rate of about A$65 ($43).
Cabin Crew Benefits at Jetstar
Being a part of the Jetstar team comes with a host of benefits:
- Access to heavily discounted fares to hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Discounts on accommodation, car hire, and travel insurance
- Health and wellness initiatives, including a free employee assistance program
- Professional development training and career advancement opportunities
- Employee recognition program known as Bravo
Jetstar Flight Attendants in Pictures
Take a look at the awesome uniforms worn by Jetstar Cabin Crew members. Get a glimpse of what you could be wearing if you become part of the Jetstar team.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Jetstar cabin crew earn?
The average monthly salary for a Jetstar cabin crew member is approximately A$4,900 ($3,244).
What qualifications do I need to be an air cabin crew?
You need to be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or equivalent, be fluent in English, and meet certain physical requirements.
What to expect at a Jetstar interview?
The Jetstar interview process typically involves a group interview, a one-on-one interview, and various assessments to evaluate your customer service skills, teamwork, and problem-solving abilities.
Can Jetstar cabin crew have tattoos?
As a cabin crew member at Jetstar, any tattoos or body piercings you have should not be visible when you’re in uniform. This means if you do have tattoos or piercings, they should be in places that can be discreetly covered while you’re working.
Jetstar is an Australian low-cost airline headquartered in Melbourne. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas, created in response to the threat posed by airline Virgin Australia. Jetstar is part of Qantas’ two brand strategy of having Qantas Airways for the premium full-service market and Jetstar for the low-cost market.
The airline operates an extensive domestic network as well as regional and international services from its main base at Melbourne Airport, using a mixed fleet of the Airbus A320 family and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Headquarter: Melbourne, Australia
Main Hubs: Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast
Frequent-flyer program: Qantas Frequent Flyer
Fleet Size: 79
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided is accurate as of the time of writing and is based on publicly available sources. However, airline requirements, hiring processes, and other details are subject to change. We recommend visiting the official Jetstar website or contacting their official channels for the most up-to-date and accurate information.