Manager, Pilot Recruiting Frontier Airlines – Nashville
Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline – it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers – we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Manager, Flight Operations Talent Engagement plans and executes the operation and long-term strategic recruitment, staffing and promotional support. The manager will work closely with the VP of Flight Operations and the HR talent acquisition team to ensure continued and successful recruitment of pilots and long-term promotion of Frontier Airlines to pilots throughout the industry.
- Create, coordinate and execute pilot talent acquisition strategies in a competitive hiring environment.
- Identify, coordinate and execute nationwide recruiting events; those hosted by industry trade groups as well as those hosted by Frontier Airlines.
- Maintain relationships with individual trade and recruiting organizations. Roles include:
- Company travel and accommodations
- Contracts and logistics required to attend events
- Material shipment and logistics management
- Work closely with the HR Flight Ops talent acquisition team to support and execute interview events for pilots, including ensuring that sufficient pilot recruiter resources are staffed.
- Identify and deploy programs to increase the flow of pilot candidates, including flow-through programs, cadet programs and collegiate development programs.
- Assist the VP, Flight Ops and VP, Human Resources in developing new programs for recruitment.
- Actively manage, monitor and update social media channels focused solely for pilot recruiting.
- Monitor the industry for changes and fluctuating hiring trends.
- Travel in- and out-of-state as required to support the company’s hiring needs for pilots.
- Partner with Marketing team to help create digital and traditional assets for recruiting/hiring events.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related field; combination of education and relevant recruiting experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years of high-volume recruiting experience
- Previous event planning experience required
- Prior airline experience preferred
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively with other departments and all levels of staff
- Strong analytical aptitude combined with exceptional organizational ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Proven understanding of the role that digital marketing and social media play in driving high-quality referrals and interest
- Passion for social media and creating a sense of community for potential employees
- Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
- Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
- Recruiting/interview events (some may be outdoors)
- 20% travel
- Generally, not required.
- General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
- Recruiter, Flight Ops (Sr)
- Specialist, Recruiting