Customer Service Job Description
Customer Service Supervisor
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Responsibilities of a Customer Service Supervisor
- Works closely with fellow Supervisors and Leadership to achieve Station objectives
- Sets clear expectations on daily assignments and procedures or process changes to Employees
- Assists in training Operations, Customer Service and Skycaps Agents to ensure that they are aware of appropriate regulations, procedures, and Company policies.
- Proactively reallocates Agents during the day to meet immediate operational needs and determines overtime as needed.
- Checks on supplies and equipment to determine that station needs are met.
- Determines that aircraft are properly serviced and provisioned prior to departure and that all forms and records are properly completed and maintained.
- Coordinates, as needed, with all departments to maintain the station’s on-time performance.
- Provides special care, attention and assistance to all SWA Customers as needed.
- Reviews the work performance of Operations and Customer Service Agents to ensure that their work performance, attendance, and appearance meet Company requirements.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- College coursework or degree would be an asset.
- Two years of airline related work experience in customer service functions preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements.
- A valid state motor vehicle operator’s license is preferred
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights.
- Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 70 pounds on a regular basis and repetitively lift and/or move weights of 40 to 50 pounds onto raised surfaces.
- Able to climb, bend, kneel and stand on a frequent basis and for extended periods.
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places. Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs.
Must be able to obtain GSC qualification.
- Must comply with DOT drug and alcohol testing program
- Ability to type and/or use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet the demands of job.
- Able to read documents, follow instructions, learn, understand, and teach Operations & Customer Service procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, meet the public, and work under stressful situations.
- Must possess good written skills and be able to effectively communicate verbally by telephone, face to face, and public address systems.
- Be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment.
- Communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance in accordance with the Ground Operations Employee Handbook
- Be able to perform all job functions within a limited space.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Ability to work shift work and/or overtime.