Exploring Kenya Airways Cabin Crew Requirements
Welcome to our guide on becoming a part of the cabin crew at Kenya Airways. In this comprehensive overview, we’ll walk you through the requirements, responsibilities, and perks of joining the Kenya Airways Cabin Crew family.
Kenya Airways Cabin Crew Requirements
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- O or A level academic achievement or equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience in the aviation, hospitality, and tourism industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT proficient.
- Ability to swim.
- English language proficiency.
- Foreign language proficiency and fluency is an added advantage.
- Customer & communication training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Experience in customer service environment desirable.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry and company policies, procedures, and standards.
Video: Kenya Airways Flight Purser is Turning 46, Same Age as Kenya Airways
Responsibilities of Kenya Airways Cabin Crew
- Provide excellent in-flight customer service.
- Ensure proper use of company property to prevent wastage.
- Implement health, safety, and security standards in compliance with regulations.
- Maximise profits by selling duty-free items.
- Resolve opportunities for improvement with the assistant Flight Purser.
- Deliver quality customer service onboard.
Kenya Airways Cabin Crew Salary and Benefits
Your salary as a Cabin Crew member at Kenya Airways is determined by your level of expertise and additional benefits related to your assigned work station. In general, the basic salary falls within the range of KES 50,000 to KES 90,000. This figure can increase to approximately KES 120,000 when combined with various allowances.
Kenya Airways Flight Attendants in Pictures
Take a look at the awesome uniforms worn by Kenya Airways Cabin Crew members. Get a glimpse of what you could be wearing if you become part of the Kenya Airways team.
Frequently Asked Questions on Becoming a Flight Attendant for Kenya Airways
1. What are the basic requirements to become a Kenya Airways Cabin Crew member?
To be eligible, you must be a Kenyan citizen, possess O or A level academic qualifications (or equivalent), have two years of experience in aviation, hospitality, or tourism, exhibit excellent communication skills, be IT proficient, have the ability to swim, and demonstrate proficiency in English. Foreign language proficiency is an added advantage.
2. What training is required for the role?
Candidates should have customer and communication training, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, and familiarity with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and company policies.
3. What responsibilities does a Kenya Airways Cabin Crew member have during flights?
Cabin Crew members are responsible for providing excellent in-flight customer service, ensuring the proper use of company property to prevent wastage, implementing health, safety, and security standards, maximising profits through duty-free sales, resolving issues with the assistant Flight Purser, and delivering overall quality customer service onboard.
4. How can I apply for a Cabin Crew position at Kenya Airways?
Explore open positions on the official Kenya Airways job portal, review job descriptions, and ensure you meet the requirements. Prepare your application with relevant documents and submit it through the online application form on the career portal.
5. What happens after submitting my application?
After submission, the recruitment team will evaluate your qualifications. If you meet the requirements, you may receive an invitation for an interview. Be prepared to showcase your motivation, customer service skills, and suitability for the cabin crew role.
6. What salary and benefits can I expect as a Kenya Airways Cabin Crew member?
The salary ranges from KES 50,000 to KES 90,000, with additional allowances that can bring the total to approximately KES 120,000, depending on your level of expertise and work station. The specific benefits related to your assigned work station will also contribute to your overall compensation package.
7. Are there opportunities for career growth within Kenya Airways?
Kenya Airways may provide opportunities for career growth and advancement based on performance, dedication, and additional qualifications. Regular assessments and training programs may be available for career development.
Exploring Kenya Airways: Company Facts
Kenya Airways is the flag carrier airline of Kenya. The company was founded in 1977, after the dissolution of East African Airways. Its head office is located in Embakasi, Nairobi, with its hub at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The airline was owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995, and it was privatised in 1996, becoming the first African flag carrier to successfully do so. Kenya Airways is currently a public-private partnership.
Headquarter: Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Operating Bases: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Frequent-flyer program: Asante Rewards
Fleet Size: 34
Kenya Airways Contact Information
Address: Airport North Road, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
Phone number: +254 (0)20 642 2000
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided is accurate as of the time of writing and is based on publicly available sources. However, airline requirements, hiring processes, and other details are subject to change. We recommend visiting the official Kenya Airways website or contacting their official channels for the most up-to-date and accurate information.