Exploring Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Requirements
Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Requirements
- Age should be 18 years or above
- Height should range between 5”2” and 6’2”, with weight proportionate to height
- Ability to pass the reach test
- Unrestricted eligibility to live and work in the Republic of Ireland (EU Passport Holder or Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4)
- A minimum of 12-month experience in a customer-facing sales role
- Proficiency in English, both in speaking and writing
- Unrestricted passport for worldwide travel
- No visible tattoos or piercings when in Aer Lingus uniform
- Flexibility to work during weekends, holidays, and unsociable hours
- Proficiency in preflight inspection duties
- Ability to maintain a clean and polished aircraft in collaboration with pilots, maintenance, and cleaning staff
- Provision of details of three contactable referees
- Understanding of all service methods and products of their assigned aircraft
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe cabin environment
- Completion of a medical questionnaire and medical examination
- Proficiency in a second European language is a plus
- Prior experience as a cabin crew and holders of an EASA Attestation of Initial Safety Training issued after April 2014 are desirable
Video: Aer Lingus | Hear from the people behind our brand
Aer Lingus Application Process for Cabin Crew: Step-by-Step
Step 1 – Online Application
Review the job description, noting qualifications and requirements. Ensure you meet minimum standards:
- Right to work without sponsorship.
- Unrestricted travel passport.
- Pass security clearance.
Fill in personal details, answer yes/no questions, and receive a confirmation email.
Step 2 – Telephone Interview
Expect a call from Aer Lingus to verify details, understand your interest, and assess skills.
Step 3 – Online Tests
If selected, complete online ability tests on numeracy, verbal reasoning, and behaviour/personality. Practice beforehand and choose a quiet time.
Step 4 – Face to Face Interview
If successful, attend a final interview at Aer Lingus HQ. Prepare to showcase your suitability for the role.
Step 5 – Final Checks
If offered a position:
- Provide at least 3 references.
- Undergo criminal record checks.
- Verify work background for the last 5 years.
- Complete a health form and attend a medical examination.
Aer Lingus offers a competitive salary structure, with cabin crew members potentially earning a monthly take-home pay between €1,900 and €2,000.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Enjoy shopping discounts at Dublin Airport
- Avail staff discounts on travel and hotels
- Experience the security of working for a financially stable airline
- Opportunities for post-employment training and development
Aer Lingus Flight Attendants in Pictures
Take a look at the awesome uniforms worn by Aer Lingus Cabin Crew members. Get a glimpse of what you could be wearing if you become part of the Aer Lingus team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much do Aer Lingus cabin crew members earn?
The potential monthly take-home pay for a cabin crew member at Aer Lingus is between €1,900 and €2,000.
2. What is the height requirement for cabin crew members at Aer Lingus?
The height requirement for cabin crew members at Aer Lingus is between 5”2” (157 cm) and 6’2” (188 cm).
3. Is it necessary to be Irish to work for Aer Lingus?
No, it’s not necessary to be Irish to work for Aer Lingus. However, you must be eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction. This means you must be an EU Passport Holder or a Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4.
4. What qualifications are required to become an air cabin crew member?
To become a cabin crew member, you typically need to have at least a high school diploma. Fluency in English and often another language is required. For Aer Lingus, you should have a minimum of 12 months of experience in a face-to-face customer sales or service environment.
Aer Lingus Company Facts
Founded: 15 April 1936
Main Hubs: Dublin, Shannon, Manchester
Frequent-flyer program: AerClub, Avios
Fleet Size: 50
Aer Lingus Contact Information
Address: Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone number: 01 886 8202
Website: Aer Lingus
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided is accurate as of the time of writing and is based on publicly available sources. However, airline requirements, hiring processes, and other details are subject to change. We recommend visiting the official Aer Lingus website or contacting their official channels for the most up-to-date and accurate information.