Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew Requirements
Turkish Airlines, founded in 1933, is Turkey’s national carrier headquartered in Istanbul. It operates a fleet of 431 Airbus and Boeing aircraft and employs 12,841 cabin crew members. The airline serves an extensive network of destinations, connecting passengers to over 300 locations worldwide.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is accurate as of the time of writing and is based on publicly available sources. However, airline requirements, hiring processes, and other details are subject to change. We recommend visiting the official Turkish Airlines website or contacting their official channels for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Video: Turkish Hospitality At Best – Turkish Airlines
List of Qualifications and Requirements to Become a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew
- Must hold Turkish nationality.
- Minimum age requirement of 20 years.
- Minimum educational qualification of high school graduation.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Clean criminal record and no history of criminal activities.
- No prior resignation from Turkish Airlines or other organizations due to disciplinary or health issues. Previous assignment within Turkish Airlines affiliates is preferred.
- Eligibility for individuals considered “disaster victims” or those with 1st-degree relatives (mother, father, sibling, spouse, or child) in the earthquake-affected provinces of Kahramanmaras, Adana, Adiyaman, Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Hatay, Kilis, Malatya, Osmaniye, Sanliurfa, and Elazig according to the State of Emergency Law No. 2935.
- Height must be within the range of 160 cm to 180 cm for females and 170 cm to 190 cm for males (height-weight measurements are determined by Turkish Airlines or designated organizations).
- No visible tattoos, piercings, burns, or scars on body parts exposed when wearing the Turkish Airlines cabin crew uniform.
- Cabin crew members are required to wear uniforms, and compliance with the current Cabin Crew Uniform Use and Representation Manual is mandatory. Visual guidelines are available for reference in the manual.
Video: Restaurant in the Sky – Turkish Airlines
How to Become a Cabin Crew Member at Turkish Airlines
Step 1 – Online Application Submission
- Begin the application process by visiting the Turkish Airlines Careers website and locating the cabin crew job openings. Complete an online application form, providing the necessary documents, including your CV, photograph, educational records, and other required details.
Step 2 – Application Review
- Turkish Airlines’ recruitment team will carefully evaluate your application. If you meet their criteria, you will receive an invitation for the next steps via SMS or email.
Step 3 – English and Competency Tests
- If selected, you will be scheduled for English language and competency assessments. These evaluations take place at the airline’s designated testing center.
Step 4 – Final Interview
- Successful candidates from the English and competency tests will move on to a final interview. This stage aims to learn more about your qualifications and competencies. It includes group discussions, committee interviews, English proficiency assessments, and psychological consultations.
Step 5 – Pre-Employment Checks
- Following a successful final interview, candidates undergo various pre-employment checks, which include height and weight measurements, document verification, and assessments to ensure there are no visible tattoos or scars on body parts exposed in the cabin crew uniform.
Step 6 – Initial Cabin Crew Training
- Congratulations on your selection as a Turkish Airlines Cabin Crew member! To prepare for commercial operations, you will undertake the initial cabin crew training. This training is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge for your role in the airline.
Video: A Perfect Journey – A321neo
Salary and Benefits
Cabin crew members at Turkish Airlines typically earn around TRY 137,801 (which is about US$9,524) per year on average. However, the exact amount can vary based on how long they’ve been working and their level of experience, ranging between TRY 33,240 and TRY 105,960.
Turkish Airlines provides a comprehensive array of benefits to its employees, ensuring their well-being and enhancing their overall quality of life. These benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Coverage: Turkish Airlines ensures the well-being of its workforce by providing both social security and private health insurance.
- Travel Privileges: Employees of the Turkish Airlines family enjoy special travel privileges based on their length of service. These privileges include Pass tickets, allowing employees with over a year of service to travel with their family at reduced rates, ZED tickets offering discounted travel on partnered airlines, and CED tickets for exclusive reduced fares.
- Marital Support: Newlywed employees are entitled to one-time financial aid to support their new life journey.
- Maternity and Childcare Benefits: Female employees are eligible for nursery benefits for their children aged 0-6, and they also receive one-time maternity benefits for childbirth.
- Regular Bonuses: Employees based in Turkey receive bonus salaries four times a year, enhancing their overall compensation.
- Language Proficiency Rewards: All Turkish Airlines employees, excluding local, part-time, and flight crew, may receive language allowances for their proficiency in languages such as English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, and Russian, based on company procedures and document submission.
- Discounted Hotel Stays: Turkish Airlines cabin crew can take advantage of discounted rates when staying at partnered hotels worldwide.
- Convenient Transportation: Turkish Airlines offers an extensive shuttle network, ensuring employees can easily commute to their workplaces from locations close to their residences.
- Corporate Communication and Well-being Initiatives: The airline fosters in-house social communication through a variety of events and activities. Employees are informed about company achievements, projects, and events through internal communication platforms, in-house websites, and emails. They have access to psychological counseling and nutritional support, and can actively participate in sports activities and competitions via the Turkish Airlines Sports Club. Additionally, employees have the opportunity to interact with accomplished individuals through the “Talks with the Masters” program.
Turkish Airlines in Pictures
Step into the visual journey of Turkish Airlines. Here, you’ll see the stylish uniforms you could be donning and the magnificent aircrafts you could be flying on if you join the Turkish Airlines cabin crew.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the duration of the cabin crew training?
Candidates who have successfully passed the document and health report evaluations will participate in a two-month training program.
2. Is the training compensated?
During the training, Turkish Airlines provides participants with food and shuttle services. However, it’s important to note that accommodation costs during this period are the responsibility of the applicants, as there is no financial compensation for lodging.
3. How much does a Turkish Airlines flight attendant make?
The average annual salary for a Turkish Airlines flight attendant is approximately TRY 137,801, which is approximately US$9,524. However, actual earnings can vary based on experience and seniority, ranging between TRY 33,240 and TRY 105,960.
4. What are the requirements for cabin crew in Turkey?
To become part of the cabin crew at Turkish Airlines, you need to meet certain criteria. These requirements typically include Turkish nationality, a minimum age of 20, at least a high school diploma, proficiency in the English language, a clean criminal record, and meeting specific health and physical standards. Additional criteria may apply, so it’s advisable to refer to the official Turkish Airlines website for the most up-to-date requirements.
5. Does Turkish Airlines pay well?
Turkish Airlines employees, when asked about their pay and benefits, have given it a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars. Among the various positions, the job that pays the most is the Airline Pilot, with an annual salary of $123,535.
Founded: May 20, 1933
Headquarter: Istanbul, Turkey
- Ankara Esenboğa Airport
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport
- Air Albania
- Turkish Cargo
Fleet Size: 400
Turkish Airlines Contact Information
Address: Turkish Airlines General Management Building Ataturk Airport, Yesilkoy, 34149 Istanbul Türkiye
Phone Number: +90 212 463 63 63