Exploring Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew Requirements
Virgin is a company Sir Richard Branson started in 1984, beginning with a record store. Branson and his partner, being new to business, playfully called themselves ‘Virgins’ for their first try. Virgin Atlantic got its name because it was a new airline (Virgin) flying across the Atlantic.
Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew Requirements
- You should be 18 years old or above.
- You must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- You shouldn’t have any live or unspent criminal convictions, and there should be no ongoing legal cases.
- You need a minimum of three passes in GCSE (A-C) or equivalent level qualifications.
- Your reach should be 210cm, and you should be able to brace while sitting in the jump seat with your feet flat on the floor (45cm from the floor without shoes).
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is essential.
- You should be able to swim 25 meters unaided and tread water while putting on and inflating a life jacket.
- You need to be ready for a rigorous 5-week training program.
- At the time of application, you should have a minimum of six months of customer service experience.
Video: A Day in the Life of a Virgin Atlantic Flight Attendant
Ever wondered what it’s really like to be a Cabin Crew member with Virgin Atlantic? Step into the day of Emma, a dedicated member of Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew.
- Your top priority is making sure everyone is safe and following the rules for a smooth flight.
- Work with experienced Cabin Crew members as a team. Let your unique personality shine as you all contribute to making the flight enjoyable.
- Focus on giving passengers the best experience. Your top-notch customer service skills will create memorable moments for them.
- Prioritise passenger happiness, health, and comfort. Your friendly smile makes a difference, whether comforting nervous flyers or assisting those with special needs.
- Be there to assist in various situations, from calming jittery flyers to helping passengers with medical needs. You might even witness some extraordinary moments like a few babies being born onboard!
As a Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew member, you could earn around GBP 20,295 per year. The base salary is about GBP 19,288 annually, and there’s an additional expected pay of approximately GBP 1,007 each year, which includes bonuses, stock benefits, commissions, profit sharing, or tips.
- Personalised retirement savings plan through the Group Personal Pension Plan.
- Contribute based on your salary with the airline also contributing, along with tax advantages.
- Exclusive deals on Virgin Holidays for you and your family.
- Discounts on other airlines for more travel opportunities.
- Exclusive discounts on Virgin Trains, Experience Days, Festival tickets, Virgin Media, Eurostar, and cinema tickets.
- Discounts in areas like insurance, travel, house, auto, pet, health, and beauty savings.
- Flight Attendants are covered by life insurance for financial security.
- Additional critical illness protection for added security.
- Enhance your financial knowledge with the Nudge program provided by Virgin Atlantic.
- Avail loans to cover travel expenses to and from work.
Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew Jobs
Explore the latest Cabin Crew job opportunities with Virgin Atlantic.
Virgin Atlantic in Pictures
Take a look at the awesome uniforms worn by Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew members. Get a glimpse of what you could be wearing if you become part of the Virgin Atlantic team.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the basic requirements to join Virgin Atlantic as a Cabin Crew member?
You should be at least 18 years old, have the legal right to work in the UK, possess a minimum of three passes in GCSE (A-C) or equivalent qualifications, and be fluent in English. Additionally, you need to meet specific physical criteria, including a reach of 210cm.
2. Can I apply if I have criminal convictions or ongoing legal cases?
Virgin Atlantic requires applicants not to have any live or unspent criminal convictions, and there should be no ongoing legal cases. A clean legal record is essential.
3. Is prior experience necessary, and what type of training should I expect?
Yes, a minimum of six months of customer service experience is required at the time of application. If successful, you’ll undergo a rigorous 5-week training program to prepare for your role as a Cabin Crew member.
4. How much does a Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew member earn?
The expected total annual pay is around GBP 20,295, including a base salary of approximately GBP 19,288 and an additional expected pay of around GBP 1,007, which includes various benefits such as bonuses, stock benefits, commissions, profit sharing, or tips.
5. What benefits are offered to Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew members?
Benefits include a personalised retirement savings plan, exclusive deals on Virgin Holidays, discounts on other airlines, exclusive discounts on various products and services, life insurance, critical illness protection, financial knowledge programs, and the option to avail loans for travel expenses.
6. Can non-UK residents apply for Virgin Atlantic Cabin Crew positions?
Yes, you must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom to be eligible for a Cabin Crew position at Virgin Atlantic.
Any doubts about your Cabin Crew journey?
Visit our Cabin Crew forum and get helpful answers from our supportive community!
Headquarter: Crawley, West Sussex, England
Operating Bases: London-Heathrow, Manchester
Frequent-flyer program: Flying Club
Fleet Size: 41
Virgin Atlantic Contact Information
Address: The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9DF, England
Phone number: +44 344 874 7747
Disclaimer: Please note that the information provided is accurate as of the time of writing and is based on publicly available sources. However, airline requirements, hiring processes, and other details are subject to change. We recommend visiting the official Virgin Atlantic website or contacting their official channels for the most up-to-date and accurate information.